Thursday 16 December 2010

Khote Sikke


25.11.10 After mere hours in India I was persuaded to work as an extra on a Bollywood shoot (it's the norm, every traveller is asked at least three times in a day I'm sure!). Lured in by 500 Rupees and food (maybe more so by the food than this great opportunity to begin my Bollywood acting career). The scenes were set on Goan beaches, so of course we were taken to grotty Mumbai beach as a cheap and local alternative. It featured an international cast: English, American, Swedish, Swiss, Australian, Canadian and of course Indian.The day mostly involved lots of walking, or "passing" as we know it in the trade, in straight lines, diagonal lines, solo, in pairs, in groups - there was a lot of scope here for us amateurs. The stylist put us in '90s beach clothes, so you know, we looked super on trend in front of the camera. I did the whole shoot with no make-up so now my white, pasty, boy-face will forever be captured and screened on Indian daytime tv. Not quite the Bollywood all-singing all-dancing spectacle I was hoping for!

No comments:

Post a Comment