Tuesday 24 May 2011

Pretty Much 4,000 Islands

I missioned it to the south of Laos via a double bed sleeper bus which I shared with a stranger: a clarinet playing British girl. I stayed on Don Det, one of these 4,000 Islands, and had a super chilled time, even bumping into a couple of Team Laos members on this tiny island. I hired a bicycle a couple of times and looped both Don Det and Don Khong in a morning casually cycling along the bumpy pathways through the island jungles and villages and along the delta of the islands. I even saw a heron casually hanging out on the back of a water buffalo (which would have been a great photo pic had I not been crashing around trying to find my camera!). I even managed to cycle past this cow-like creature without getting too phobic about the situ. The islands and deltas were very beautiful indeed. 

A nice little scenic spot on my cycle about two of the 4,000 islands
Cruising around the islands towards sunset

And who knew watermelons grew like this?? On a tiny little sandy mound (erm, island)

No comments:

Post a Comment