Friday 10 June 2011

ANGKOR WAT!! Hermazing!

A small section of the central part of Angkor Wat
I had the best time at Angkor Wat spending three days exploring the huge, grand ruins, two of these days were, of course, on bicycle which was by far the best way to view Angkor and the surrounding temples. An absolute highlight of my trip in Asia! On the first day we went and saw the big two, Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, and I was so incredibly in awe of the place. So old! So grand! Angkor Wat seemed even more spectacular and incredible and awesome on the last day when I popped by to have a second peek and to sadly say goodbye to Angkor. I would love to go again! I was very sad to say goodbye to Angkor.
Big faces at Bayon
One of the many examples of sculpture, and especially of the female form. In so many cases each figure was different to the next and where there were hundreds in a row it was immensely impressive! As I found everything at Angkor!
Hugging a huge tree in my possibly fave, Ta Prohm. The jungles reclaimed the temples here and it was great to explore and clamber over ruins and gaze in awe at the monstrous trees!

1 comment: