Thursday 2 June 2011

The Humid City of Hue

Oh my life! So incredibly humid in Hue! Sweatnation! We did the touristy thing around the Imperial City of Hue for a morn and hotfooted it out of there asap. Before hastily departing we (deservedly) treated ourselves after our sleeper bus from HaNoi trundled into Hue six hours later than scheduled. We grabbed a dip in our guest house pool, Tom wolfed down an interesting eight course Vietnamese menu (of which I could have barely any due to my new veggie status) and we sampled a sweet streetstall delicacy of Chè: a sweet gloppy dessert in a glass with some sugary rice, purple jelly cubes, banana, a few kidney beans and tapioca thrown in. It was an odd combo of flavours and as I hate to see food go to waste I dutifully finished it off. Interesting but I won't try it again!
Big urns in the Imperial City

An oldy building in the Imperial City
Pots of bananas and beans and jelly and other syrupy bits and bobs that make up a che glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment